Canadian Fuels Association (CFA) Awards of Excellence 2023
[Ottawa, Ontario, June 1, 2023] For a second consecutive year the Canadian Fuels Association (CFA) and its members are proud to help recognize excellence across Canada’s transportation fuels sectors.
“The transportation fuels industry is integral for Canada, and I am truly blessed to be part of this sector and have the opportunity to help celebrate the amazing projects, programs and people who make up our industry, and keep Canadians moving from coast-to-coast.” said Bob Larocque, President and CEO of Canadian Fuels Association.
With eight awards presented across seven different categories, the 2023 CFA Awards of Excellence winners are:
- Rising Star Award – Elaine Rippon, Shell Canada
- Committee Member of the Year Award – Michelle Belisle, Imperial Oil
- Collaboration and Partnership Award – BC SMART Program, University of British Columbia
- Community Champion Award – IWK Health Foundation and Irving Oil’s Fuel the Care Program
- Community Champion Award – Jason Carisse, Suncor Energy / Petro-Canada
- Innovation Award – Hydrogen Derived Renewable Diesel (HDRD) Facility, Tidewater Prince George Refinery
- Lifetime Achievement Award– Adrian Michielsen, Imperial Oil
- Government Collaboration Award – Francesco Sorbara, Member of Parliament for Vaughn – Woodbridge
For more information about the CFA Awards of Excellence, please visit: https://www.canadianfuels.ca/canadian-fuels-awards-of-excellence/
About the Canadian Fuels Association
The Canadian Fuels Association (CFA) represents Canada’s transportation fuels industry and our members supply 95% of Canada’s transportation fuels. Contributing over $10 billion to Canada’s GDP annually, the sector also provides employment for more than 117,000 Canadians at 15 refineries, 75 fuel distribution terminals and 12,000 retail and commercial sites across the country.
For media inquiries please contact:
Communications Manager, Canadian Fuels Association
 Canadian Fuels members: Federated Co-operatives Limited. Greenergy, Greenfield Global, Imperial Oil Limited, Irving Oil, North Atlantic, North West Redwater Partnership, Parkland Corporation, Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., Shell Canada Products, Suncor Energy Products Partnership, Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. and Valero Energy Inc.